York Minster Cathedral  ( England )                          Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp  ( Poland )





- Flanagans Border Inn Hotel  (Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, Australia)
 This 1850's hotel was instrumental to the introduction of coach services to the Ballarat goldfields. Paranormal reports include the sensing of a presence, items moving on their own, a piano playing while unattended, and people being touched by unseen forces.

- Coach & Horses Inn (Clarkefield, Victoria, Australia)
 The Coach & Horses Inn, built in 1857, was once referred to as Australia's most haunted hotel. Many reports of ghosts have been claimed here especially in the 1970's and early 80's. One owner even reported being pushed down the stairs by an unseen force causing him to badly fracture his ankle.

- Port Fairy Public Cemetery (Port Fairy, Victoria, Australia)
 This cemetery has served the area since 1849. Legend tells of the ghost of Lloyd Rutledge who may be seen on the anniversary of his death which occurred sometime in December of 1858.


- Abandoned Schoolhouse building (Alberta, Calgary, Canada)
 Go onto International avenue, off of 52nd street. Take a left at the first set of light's you see after passing the 68th street intersection. Go down that road about half way and keep looking to you're left. There you will find the remaining half of whats left of this very historic schoolhouse building.
 The abandoned schoolhouse is known for not wanting to be demolished. The legend claims that what remains of this historic schoolhouse is indestructible. While the schoolhouse was in operation, a fire started in a hallway and three children lost their lives. Some people have reported hearing the children laughing, playing, and even one person claims seeing one of the ghost children falling down and then disappearing right in front of them.
 The mystery goes even farther, around two years after the fire and the death of these three children they tried in vain to tear down the old schoolhouse. The Calgary city workers began what they thought would be an easy job, just tear down an old abandoned schoolhouse building that was half way demolished already. However, to their astonishment, around half of the workers became very ill and were unable to come to work. Due to the lack of help, work was cancelled for the first day. The schoolhouse was left in tact.
  A wrecking ball was used in the next attempt. However, the motor just quit. No matter what was tried, the motor would not start up again and demolition was halted again, this time without even one nail or board being removed from the building.
 Upon returning to the construction site, the wrecking ball and motor worked perfectly fine. On the third attempt the wrecking ball fell down and the workers were unable to repair it. Work was halted again and the job was abandoned for good.
 To this day, no one else has tried to tear down the schoolhouse building and the ghost children are still sometimes seen there by some of the trespassers who sneak onto the property.

- Black Creek Lighthouse Restaurant & Pub (Ontario, Canada)
 The Black Creek Lighthouse Restaurant and Pub dates back to the early 1800s, when Black Creek was just a small village on the banks of the Niagara River. It was originally a lumber mill, and was a key segment of the underground railroad system that brought black slaves to freedom north of the border.
 Over the past 200 years, the site has also served as an inn, a pub, an ice cream parlour, and most recently a restaurant.
 While the building itself is not known to have a particularly violent history, it has been surrounded by tragedy. The battle of Chippawa, and other events associated with the war of 1812, happened just down river. More recently, during the late 1900's, a pair of children drowned in the river across the road.
 As for some of the alledged hauntings that take place here, An apparition of a soldier from the 1800's, dressed in full military uniform, has been seen standing in the corner of the main floor. Staff of the restaurant have also reported seeing the apparition of an elderly gentleman, also in full military dress, carrying a musket. He has been spotted on the bridge outside and in the basement also. A 19th century barmaid has been seen on the 2nd floor, where the lights have been known to fade to almost nothing. Legend has it, young lovers on the 2nd floor are most closely watched over by the resident ghosts. Finally, as might be expected, given the drowning accident nearby, the presence of two young children has often been remarked upon by both guests and employees alike.

- Bracebridge Inn at the Falls (Ontario, Canada)
 First built in 1870, the Inn at the Falls is actually a collection of seven houses that form a cul-du-sac. The main building was originally built as a private residence. Built by local stonemasons, the foundation walls of the main inn are well over three feet thick.
 In 1943 the private home was converted into an Inn. Two notable deaths have taken place within the main building. During the 1930's, a woman named Mrs. Kirk fell down the stairs and died. The fall killed not only her, but also her unborn child as well. A few years later, another woman named Jackie Niven, also died inside of the house.
 For years now, people have reported witnessing strange things happening while they were inside of the Bracebridge Inn at the Falls. Ashtrays have been known to fly off of tables, clothes have flown out of closets, only to dissappear and never be seen again, and even pots and pans have been seen flying across the kitchen as if thrown in anger by some invisible force. The sound of children laughing and giggling can also sometimes be heard in the main hallway. In room 105, a ghost of a woman has been seen looking down out of the window. The TV in 105 has been known to turn on and off all on its own, and the channels also change for no reason.
 3 different female apparitions have been seen throughout the Inn, as well as one male ghost too. One of the female apparitions can only be seen from her shoulders up. The rest of her body is invisible to the people who have seen her.
 The Bracebridge Inn at the Falls is not only filled with history but it seems to have its share of ghostly spirits as well.

- Cherry Hill House Restaurant (Ontario, Canada)
 The original building was built in 1822 at the intersection of Dundas Street and Cawthra Road. In 1972, the building was moved 800 feet away onto a new foundation.
 Since 1973, reports of the building being haunted have been made by customers and employees alike. Security guards at the restaurant have reported seeing an apparition of a white figure rising out of the ground, brandishing a sword in her hand. Another female spirit has been seen riding on a phantom white horse, inside the house and outside on the property as well. During renovations, the workers found their tools scattered overnight and their work undone the next day. One carpenter was pushed down the attic stairs by an unseen force, while others reported hearing the sounds of whistling and whispering. The sound of footsteps above the pub can be heard some nights, along with the sound of knocking coming from within the walls of the 2nd floor. Patrons have also reported the apparition of a Native woman standing or floating by the fireplace, and have commented upon seeing lights flashing on and off all on their own.

- Cross House (Alberta, Canada)
 The Cross House is a designated Alberta historic site, now known as Rouge, an upscale French restaurant that uses the restored Victorian-era home’s cozy rooms to create an intimate dining atmosphere. Built in 1891, the house is named after former owner A. E. Cross, one of the “Big Four” ranchers and entrepreneurs who established the Calgary Stampede.
 One of the house’s most common ghost sightings is the silhouette of a woman sitting at the top bay window. It is said that it is the ghost of A.E. Cross’s wife, Helen, who used to sit there every evening at that same window to watch for her husband returning from work. People have also heard the sound of a chair scraping across the floor upstairs, and they also have found the chair moved near the window.

- The Deane House (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
 The Deane House is considered to be one of the most haunted houses in Canada. Built in 1906 by R. Burton Deane, superintendent of the North West Mounted Police. He commissioned the house to be built for his wife. Unfortunately his wife died before she even seen the home built for her.  By 1930 the house was relocated twice. On the second relocation, the house was moved across the Elbow river to its current position using boats and floatation devices. This was such a great feat at the time that the story made it into a 1930's issue of Popular Mechanics magazine.
 Nowadays, the house is a elegant restaurant with a restored, full-windowed verandah overlooking the river. However, before it became a restaurant, it was a boarding house where many unfortunate tragic deaths occurred. In 1933, a 14-year old boy commited suicide in the attic. In 1952, a husband stabbed his wife to death and then killed himself as their two children watched in horror helplessly. And in 1968, the owner of the Deane house, Alex Brotherton died from natural causes. Like his daughter three years earlier, Mr. Brotherton died inside the house. These two deaths were the last in the Deane house, but these events might be the reason so many spirits are still rumored to haunt this place.
 Many different spirits have been seen, felt,  and heard throughout the building. The spirit of Mr. Deane has been seen sitting in a chair smoking a pipe. Another ghost, that of a Native American man named Chief Deerfoot, has been seen in the basement area on a few occasions, including once by a small group of people during a party. There is also a rumored bloodstain that won’t disappear on the left cupboard located in the attic. And a female spirit has also been seen in the house by guest and restaurant staff as well. The female ghost has been spotted in a few different areas but mostly on the first floor.
 In the 1990's an exorcism was preformed on the house to get rid of the ghost. The exorcism didn't seem to work. Reports of paranormal activity occuring in the Deane house have been made by people as recently as December of 2007.

- Fort York (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
 Located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Fort York was the primary defensive position of York during the War of 1812. It was the location of the Battle of York and it is also the 1793 birthplace of modern Toronto. Today Fort York is home to Canada's largest collection of original War of 1812 buildings and it has been designated as a National Historic site. Open year-round, Historic Fort York offers seasonal guided tours, musket drills, music demonstrations, and maybe a few ghosts as well.
 Hundreds of soldiers died here protecting Fort York during the War of 1812. It is believed that some of their spirits still maybe haunting this place to this very day. Many people have reported witnessing paranormal activity taking place here at the Fort. Visitors have reported seeing the apparitions of ghostly soldiers in 19th century soldier uniforms, standing at the base of the flagpole. A red-coated guard has also been seen in the barracks area and near the front entrance, while a woman ghost has been seen walking around the officer's quarters. On one occasion, a man reported seeing a group of soldiers sitting down at a table. As the man approached them, the soldiers just disappeared right in front of him. Other visitors here have reported hearing the sounds of footsteps running and other strange sounds as well. Staff members here at the Fort have reported being touched or pushed by invisible hands and they also have seen the doors between the officer's mess and the pantry open and close on their own. The sound of stomping feet in the former sleeping quarters can sometimes be heard on stormy nights, along with the sound of little children racing through the barracks as well.
 Recently the TV show, Ghost Trackers visited Old Fort York and their investigation here turned up some interesting evidence. A door was caught on film moving, opening slowly and then slowly shutting on its own. It seemed to both trackers that investigated the Fort that the place was definately active paranormally.
 Fort York is open year round and a small entrance fee is charged to visitors. Eight of Toronto's oldest buildings can be found here on the site and a few of them might be haunted by soldiers.

- Gibraltar Point Lighthouse (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
 Gibraltar Point Lighthouse marks the southwestern tip of the Toronto Islands. Originally constructed in 1808, the stone tower is Toronto's first lighthouse.
 The lighthouse is the site of an unsolved mystery. The first lighthouse keeper, J.P. Rademuller, disappeared on January 2nd, 1815. Years later, a skeleton believed to be that of Rademuller's was found near the lighthouse. No one was ever tried or convicted for Rademuller's murder and that might be why his spirit still haunts this place today.

- Helliwell House (Toronto, Canada)
 The Helliwell House is over 200 years old. It is now a museum and is open to the public. It is rumored to be haunted by Elizabeth Helliwell, the first lady of the house. She died here in the home while giving child birth. Her spirit has been seen on a few occations by unsuspecting visitors. One of Mrs. Helliwell's children also died in the building by drowning in the bathtub.
- The Hermitage Ruins (Ancaster, Ontario, Canada)
 The Hermitage was originally built in 1830 by Reverend George Sheed. Upon his death, the property was sold to Otto Ives. Along with his wife, the Hermitage was also home to Otto's niece. Unfortunately, the young woman happened to fall in love with the servant of another family. After being denied permission to marry the young woman, he slipped into the gatehouse and hanged himself.
 The property changed hands several times over the following years, during which time tragedy is said to have struck again. This time it was a young black slave who fell in love with his white master's daughter. When their affair was discovered, it was the young woman who killed herself. Unable to bear the loss, and destined to be blamed for the tragedy, the slave proceeded to hang himself from a willow tree.
 Finally, in 1880, family life was set aside and the Hermitage became a hotel known for its mineral springs. A pair of fires forced the hotel to close in 1910, and a final fire in 1934 left the site in ruins.
 Home to tragic love affairs and a trio of suicides, it's really no wonder the Hermitage is said to be haunted. Visitors have reported hearing the sounds of a man sobbing. A pair of apparitions have also been spotted. The first is a dark, shadowy figure of a man, seen wandering the grounds. The second is that of a pale white woman. Reports of footsteps, whispered voices, and a feeling of being watched are also common here.
 The Hermitage, now in ruins, is filled with history and romantic tragedy's that grab a person's attention and keep them fascinated through out their visit here. The rumors and dark stories as well as the sightings and chilling woods make it a place that will forever be whispered about when darkness falls.

- Mackenzie House (Toronto, Canada)
 Mackenzie House is arguably the most infamous structure in Toronto if not Canada that is reportedly haunted. Home of Toronto's first ever mayor, William Lyon Mackenzie. He lived here with his wife for alittle over 14 years. In 1861 he died on his bed inside of the house.
 It is believed that William L. Mackenzie and his wife are two of the spirits who might be haunting this house. Witnesses have seen a short frock-coated man on the third floor, whose detailed description seems to match that of William Lyon Mackenzie. And on the second and third floors, a long haired woman spirit has been spotted by people. The piano and print press have also been heard going off with no one in the room to turn them on.
 In the 1970's, it was reported that a grey lady ghost slapped the wife of one of the houses caretakers, leaving welts and bruises across her chin. In the 1960's, workers claimed to have found a hanging noose hanging over the stairwell.
 With orbs appearing on photos, to strange sounds being heard on evp's, the Mackenzie house is a very interesting place to visit for ghost hunters and history buffs alike.

- Dragsholm Castle (Sealand, Denmark)
 The Dragsholm slot was built in the 12th century by the Roskilde bishop. When the building of the castle was completed, it became the residence for both kings and several noble families. In 1939, the Bottger family purchased the property and they have since turned it into a hotel.
 The castle is said to be haunted by atleast three different ghost. A gray lady ghost, a white lady ghost, and a male spirit have been seen in many areas throughout the castle.
 The white lady is said to be the daughter of one of the many owners of the castle. She fell in love with a common man who worked in the castle and the relationship went on for some time. Since the father was a rich and noble man, they kept their love affair a secret. One day the father caught them and he was very furious. He was so angry that he actually made the servants of the castle imprison his daughter inside a thick wall. In the 1930's, workers tore down one of the castles old walls and to their horror they found a female skeleton wearing a white dress.
 In the 1500's the famous Earl of Bothwell was captured and imprisoned in the castles cellars. In 1578 he was found dead on the cellar floor after being imprisoned here for over five years. His spirit has been seen in the castles cellars a number of times.
 The gray lady ghost is almost never seen, and is less known than the other two spirits who haunt Dragsholm Castle. She is believed to be a woman who once worked in the castle as a maiden. She is called the gray lady because that is the color of the clothing she has been seen wearing.


- Arreton Manor (Isle Of Wight, England)
  Arreton Manor is an early Jacobean Manor House steeped in history and dating back to 870 AD. The property was once owned by Edward the Confessor as noted in the Doomsday book and also in the will of King Alfred the Great in 885.
 The Manor was farmed by the abbots of Quarr Abbey and for over 400 years was in their possession. In the reign of Henry VIII came the dissolution of the monasteries and the manor came into the hands of the Crown.
 The King released Arreton Manor to Barnaby Leigh and his family in 1560. Shortly after, his young 13-year-old son, John Leigh, suffocated him with a pillow and murdered him while he slept . Annabelle, John’s younger sister saw the murder happen and was carried upstairs and threw out a window to her death.
 With its long history its no wonder that Arreton Manor is believed to be haunted by a number of spirits. Some of the ghostly appearances can be explained such as the small ghost of Annabelle. She has been seen throughout the manor crying for her mother, wearing a blue dress and white slippers. Several visitors and the owners themselves have also seen a mysterious lady in purple. Who she is or what she wants still remains unknown.
 Another spirit seen on the property here might be that of Barnaby Leigh. Seen as a silvery-grey figure his presence is usually accompanied by a strong sweet pungent odor.
 Another sweet smelling ghost is the one of a woman wearing a tight-waisted red, puff-sleeved dress. For those that have seen her, describe her as having long curly black hair, however, no one has seen her face.
 Monks have been seen walking through walls in the dining room, and nodding in prayer in the area of the manor built in the 12th century. The monks are not confined to the manor. Their bodies at least from the waist up have been seen around the gardens.
  Enjoy your visit to the Four Poster Room even if you are not alone. A dark haired woman in a white dress is seen floating across the room and the disappearing through the window. In the rear gardens, the owner says he has a regular visitor every week, a ghostly phantom of a man.
  Apparitions are not the only ghostly happenings at Arreton Manor many visitors have heard chanting throughout the building and the property. Many have felt an eerie dark and foreboding presence and will not enter the building. Other sounds that have been noted include rustling skirts, hounds running through the dining room, the sound of a large set of heavy keys being dropped, crying children in the hall, and footsteps. One of the eeriest is that the front door of the manor is strangely bolted from inside when no one is there, while knocking at the front door can be heard coming from within.
  Arreton Manor is a beautiful historic site that might hold the souls of some of its former occupants. It is a wonderful place to visit and is open to the public year round.

- Chillingham Castle (Northumberland, England)
 There are a number of ghosts resident in this spooky castle in Northumberland. With its dark dungeons and torture chamber, it’s the perfect environment for paranormal activity to occur. The castle dates back from the 13th century and has been owned by the same family continuously.
 Chillingham’s most famous ghost is the ‘blue boy’ who cries and moans sorrowfully. He is seen, even in the present day, around a particular four poster bed in the castle and appears dressed in blue. During the 1920’s the bones of a young boy and the remains of a blue dress were discovered in a wall along with another skeleton. Another ghost, Lady Mary Berkeley, is reputed to be searching for her husband, who ran off with her sister when she was still alive. One of the most haunted areas in Chillingham castle is the old nursery where Mrs. Berkeley's portrait is currently hung. Legend has it that she regularly stepped out of her frame to frighten the children and their nanny, chasing after them. The rustle of her dress is often heard along the corridors and stairs followed by a draft of icy air.
 Both the World's Scariest Places and the Most Haunted television series have spent time here both with truly terrifying results.

- Holy Trinity Church (York, England)
 The headless ghost of Thomas Percy, Earl of Nothumberland, has been seen in the churchyard searching for his severed head. He was executed for treason after he led a plot against Elizabeth I. He was beheaded in 1572 and his head was placed on a pole on Micklegate Bar. Years later, his head was removed and buried in the Holy Trinity churchyard.
 The spirit of a nun has been seen in the churchl. The apparitions of two women and a child have been known to appear usually in front of the east window of the church. There are two stories about the three ghosts. One story is of a mother, her child and the nanny. The mother and child were buried miles away from each other and the nanny brought them together. Another story is the mother and child are buried in the same graveyard and the other ghost is an abbess who was killed when she tried to prevent Henry the 8th's army from entering the church.

- Matlock Bath Pavilion (Derbyshire, England)
 Today the Matlock Bath Pavilion is a mining museum on one side and a night club on the other. The museum has a fine collection of old mining equipment and artifacts from the former lead mines of the area including several very impressive pumps of various types. The Mining Museum at Matlock Bath is owned by the Peak District Mines Historical Society, who also own and operate the Temple Mine opposite and Magpie Mine at Sheldon. All three are devoted to the history of lead-mining in the Peak. Paranormal activity was first reported here over forty years ago.
 Poltergeist activity has been occuring here since the 1960's. Items have been thrown and knocked down by the unknown entities here. Furniture has also been moved or flipped over by the unseen spirits. Wandering cold spots have been felt throughout the museum. Reports of people seeing dark figures and hearing strange sounds, tappings, or voices have also been made here for some time now. A caretaker of the pavilion reported seeing six children ghost along with one adult ghost all at the same time. When he went to take a closer look, all seven ghost disappeared into thin air. Realizing what he just saw, the man went running the other way. A male miner spirit is also rumored to be haunting the Matlock Bath Pavilion. It is believed that the miner spirit is still searching for his tools that he lost decades ago when he was still alive.
 Recently the Most Haunted TV show visited Matlock Bath Pavilion. During the investigation, items were thrown at the crew by the very active spirits. A moaning sound was caught on camara when two of the crew members checked out the old gym. Foot steps were heard and recorded coming from the stairs while nobody was on them. Drastic temperature changes were felt by the Most Haunted Team all night long. A member named Carl claimed that a spirit had hit him in the back of the head. And plenty of strange sounds and noises were also recorded during the investigation. It was a scary night for the whole crew.
 The Lead Mining Museum at the Matlock Bath Pavilion is open all year round, 7 days a week. Visitors are given access to the museum for a entrance fee. The Museum is definately an interesting place to check out historically and paranormally.

- Raynham Hall (Norfolk, England)
 Raynham Hall in Norfolk, England, is most famous for the ghost of "the Brown Lady," which was captured on film in 1936 in what is considered one of the most authentic ghost pictures ever taken.
 The first known sighting happened during the 1835 Christmas season. A man named Colonel Loftus, who happened to be visiting for the holidays, was walking to his room late one night when he saw a strange figure ahead of him. As he tried to gain a better look, the figure promptly disappeared. The next week, the Colonel again came upon the spirit woman. He described her as a noble woman who wore a brown satin dress. He said her face seemed to glow, which highlighted her empty eye sockets.
- Site Of Borley Rectory (Essex, England)
 The haunting of the Borley Rectory during the 1920's and 1930's is undoubtedly one of the most famous in Britain, as well as being one of the most controversial too. Unfortunately the original rectory building burned down decades ago and new houses were built on top of the grounds.
 Although the rectory is no more, there were still several ghosts sightings reported in the area. Soon after Borley Rectory was built in 1863 a ghost of a sorrowful nun was spotted. A phantom coach was also seen by witnesses as well as objects being moved or thrown by unseen forces.

- Sutton House (London, England)
 Originally known as 'Bryck Place', the Sutton House was built in 1535 by Sir Ralph Sadleir and it is the oldest residential building in Hackney. It is a rare example of a red brick building from the Tudor period.
  Over the years the building as had many uses and owners. It was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1938. It was renamed Sutton House in 1953. During the late 20th century the house was condemned as unsafe. A extensive refurbishment and renovation works were carried out after the Sutton House Society mounted a campaign to save the building. It was then opened to the public as a museum and gift shop.
 The phantom woman or women who haunt this 500 year old Tudor house are not alone, the sound of a wailing hound has also been heard by visitors and staff as well, and the sound of disembodied voices has also been heard emanating from empty rooms. Obects are also known to move across the rooms, sudden drops in temperatures have been felt, and cabinets doors shut and open by themselves. The ghosts that are thought to haunt this house are a blue lady ghost, a grey ghost, a wailing hound ghosts, and maybe even a few more. 
 The Most Haunted TV Show visited the Sutton House and they experienced some strange things during the investigation. After spending a night in the house, most of the Most Haunted crew felt that the place was truely haunted. The Sutton house is open to the public year round and visitors are welcome to come and experience the history and paranormal activity inside it.
- Tatton Park  (Knutsford, Cheshire, England)
 The beautiful Tatton Park is a 1000 acre estate located in Cheshire.  Along with the beautiful mansion built in 1791, the estate also has an old tudor hall that was built in 1520, a working 1930's farm, 2 lakes, a playground, a deer park, specialty shops, and 50 acres of gorgeous gardens. Over 75,000 people visit Tatton Park every year, it is England's most visited National Trust property and historic estate. It has been rumored that many spirits haunt the mansion, the old tudor hall, and some of the other areas as well.
  Throughout the years people have witnessed paranormal activity occuring here at Tatton Park. Although most of the activity has happened in the Mansion or tudor hall, atleast one spirit has been seen wandering around in the garden area. In the Tatton Park Mansion things are known to move by themselves, music is heard coming from out of no where, and some people say that while in the mansion they sense a dark evil presence . People have also reported seeing the mansions doors shake violently, even though nobody was near them at the time. Recently the Most Haunted TV show visited the Tatton Park mansion. They reported hearing strange tapping noises and they also claimed that something was thrown at them by a spirit.
 Weather or not the ghost are seen or heard, many people believe that the spirits are here and that they arn't going anywhere. Like the living they are attracted to this beautiful, amazing place. For a ghost hunt or just a family outting, Tatton Park is an awesome place to visit.

- Theatre Royal - Drury Lane (London, England)
 The Theatre Royal in Drury Lane is located in the Covent Garden district of London, England facing Catherine Street. The theatre you see here today is the most recent of four theatres built on the same location.
 During the early years of the English Restoration, Thomas Killigrew built what was called "Theatre Royal in Bridges Street." The theatre was opened in 1663 during the reign of King Charles II, who was a known lover of the theatre. The building was destroyed by fire in 1672. After the fire, Killigrew built a larger theatre at the same location, designed by Christopher Wren. The new theatre opened in 1674 and was now called the "Theatre Royal in Drury Lane." The building was demolished in 1791 to make way for an even larger theatre, which opened in 1794. On May 15, 1800, an assassination attempt was made on King George III while he was sitting in the royal box. It was reported that James Hadfield fired two shots from his pistol toward the King from the stage pit. The shots missed George by inches and Hadfield was quickly arrested. King George, apparently unshaken by the ordeal, gave orders that "the show must go on." The beautiful theatre burned to the ground in 1809. The theatre was rebuilt, much as it appears today, and reopened in 1812.
 Theatre Royal in Drury Lane is possibly the most haunted theatre in all of England. It claims to be the home of "a host of thespian ghosts." The most famous of which is the "Man in Gray." He appears in full costume wearing a tri-cornered hat, a powdered wig and a long gray cloak with the hilt of a sword protruding from it. Legend says that the "Man in Gray" is the ghost of a man whose skeletal remains were found near the property in 1848. A knife had penetrated his long gray cloak and it was still embedded in his rib cage. He always appears in the daytime to actors during their rehearsals. He is thought to be "a recordings ghost," as he is always seen in the same place, walking quietly in the same direction. His ghostly visitations are thought to be a good omen. It is said, that the plays performed after his appearance always do well at the box office.
 Another ghost is also reported at the theatre. Described as "tall, thin, and ugly," it is thought to be the ghost of a bad tempered actor named Charles Macklin. In 1735, Charles killed his fellow actor Thomas Hallam in an argument over a wig. "Goddamn you for a blackguard, scrub, rascal!" he shouted as he thrust his cane through Hallam's left eye into his brain. Macklin's spirit usually appears backstage, wandering the corridor where the murder took place.
 The ghost of comedian Joe Grimaldi is a helpful apparition that is often felt rather than seen. "He performed often at Drury Lane and gave his farewell performance there." He is said to guide nervous actors gently about the stage. In 1948, a young American actress named Betty Jo Jones was performing badly during a run of "Oklahoma." Then, as she describes it, she felt "invisible hands" guiding her into a different position on the stage. They continued to guide her around the stage during the rest of the performance. Her performance was later described as flawless. Another young actress named Doreen Duke felt the same invisible hands while trying out for a part in "The King and I." She got the part, hands down. They both believed that the ghost of Joe Grimaldi was their helpful guide.
 One eyewitness, A Comedian named Stanley Lupino was in his dressing room putting on his makeup. While looking in the mirror, along with his own reflection, he saw another face looking back at him. He believes It was the face of Dan Leno, another comedian who had recently died. Lupino was told that at the time he was using Leno's favorite dressing room.
 A woman in the audience saw what must have been a ghost, intently watching the play that was being performed. She said, "It was a man wearing old-fashioned clothes sitting at the end of the row where I was sitting. When the lights went up, the man was gone." Sometime later, when she was looking through a book on the history of the theatre she saw a picture of Charles Kean, an actor from the 19th century. She identified him as the ghost that she had seen.
 If your looking for a good play to see or just wanting to run into a ghost or two, this theatre is definately a great place to visit.

- Tower Of London (London, England)
 The Tower of London, one of the most famous and well-preserved historical buildings in the world, may also be one of the most haunted. This is due, no doubt, to the scores of executions, murders, and tortures that have taken place within its walls over the last 1,000 years.
 Dozens of ghost sightings have been reported in and around the Tower for many years now. On one winter day in 1957 at 3 a.m., a guard was disturbed by something striking the top of his guardhouse. When he stepped outside to investigate, he saw a shapeless white figure on top of the tower. It was then realized that on that very same date, February 12, Lady Jane Grey was beheaded in 1554.
 Perhaps the most well-known ghostly resident of the Tower is the spirit of Ann Boleyn, one of the wives of Henry VIII, who was also beheaded in the Tower in 1536. Her ghost has been spotted on many occasions, sometimes carrying her head, on Tower Green and in the Tower Chapel Royal.
 Other ghosts of the Tower include those of Henry VI, Thomas A. Becket, and Sir Walter Raleigh. One of the most gruesome ghost stories connected with the Tower of London describes death of the Countess of Salisbury. According to one account, "the Countess was sentenced to death in 1541 following her alleged involvement in criminal activities (although it is now widely believed that she was probably innocent). After being sent struggling to the scaffold, she ran from the block and was pursued until she was hacked to death by the axe man. Her execution ceremony has been seen by unsuspecting witnesses re-enacted by ghostly spirits on the Tower Green.

- York Minster (York, England)
 Centrally situated, the famous York Minster is visible from much of the city of York. It has three towers and is the fifth church to be built on this particular site. It's the largest Gothic Cathedral in Northern Europe and dates back to medieval times.  A church has been standing here on this site since 627 AD.  The Lady Chapel of the Minster features the largest stained glass window in the world. It is the size of a football field and depicts the beginning and the end of the world. In total the stained glass window contains 117 individual panels of glass.
 Visitors to this beautiful church have reported ghost sightings here for over one hundred years now. In the early 19th century, the ghost of an army officer appeared to his sister as she was praying in the church. He had died in another part of the world and his family never got to bury him and put his spirit to rest. There is also another spirit seen at the Minster. His name is believed to be Dean Gale and when he was alive he loved to attend services at York Minster. After his death, his spirit has been seen sitting in the church listening to the sermons. Some witnesses have heard the sound of a barking dog inside the church. And some people have reported seeing a spirit dressed up in medieval clothing.
 York was occupied by the 9th Legion of Rome as evidenced during excavations of the foundations of York Minster. After the Romans retreated, the legion disappeared without a trace and they never made it back to Rome. To this day what happen to them is unknown and the mystery remains a secret.
 The Minster York Cathedral is open to the public and admission is free. Visitors are encouraged though to leave a small donation after checking out this very beautiful, very religious, and very haunted church.



- Manor Of Grönvik (Grönvik, Korsholm, Finland)
 The Manor of Grönvik is said to be haunted, due to several reports of observations of paranormal phenomena occuring, possibly by more than one ghost.


- Brissac Castle (Loire Valley, France)
 This particular castle is as ornate and indulgent as French castles get. With seven floors and over two hundred rooms, no expense was spared for this Loire Valley marvel when it was rebuilt in 1633. Ceilings are painted with gold and the tapestry collection is breathtaking, as is the wood-carved furniture and columns made of glass crystal.
 It wouldn't be a bad place to live, except for the fact that it's haunted by the ghost of Jacques de Breze's wife, Charlotte, and her lover. Both were assassinated, and Jacque de Breze sold the castle right after their deaths. Legend has it he couldn't stand the nighttime moaning of the ghost lovers, while he slept alone.

- The Catacombs of Paris (Paris, France)
 Long ago, as the city of Paris grew, it became necessary to provide more space for the living. To do so, engineers and planners decided to move the mass of humanity least likely to protest: in this case, the dead. Millions of Parisian dead were quietly disinterred in one of the largest engineering feats in history and their remains were deposited along the walls of the chilly, dark passageways lying beneath the City of Light. They lie there to this day, in this eternal darkness, an Empire of and for the Dead.
  With over 400 miles of tunnels the catacombs stretch downwards hundreds of feet below street level. A million visitors a year are said to walk the dark corridors of the catacombs. Many of these same visitors, and some of their guides, have encountered more than just the silence in the catacombs: they have had encounters with ghostly inhabitants that roam the empty passageways and mutely follow the tour groups around. Several report seeing a group of shadows in one area of the catacombs; as the living walk along, the dead follow in complete silence. To some the experience is completely overwhelming and tours have been cut short by the growing sense of unease.  Photos have revealed orbs and ghostly apparitions, and EVPs have been captured and recorded throughout the vaults. The Paris catacombs is easily one of the most haunted places known to man.



- Babenhausen Barracks (Babenhausen, Germany)
 Called Babenhausen Kaserne in german. This former Nazi barracks is now a museum. The ghosts of German soldiers, some in World War II era uniforms, have been reportedly seen by eyewitnesses. Sometimes lights are said to turn off and on by themselves with no apparent reason, and voices are heard coming from the basement area. Footsteps and commands have also been heard here at night, supposedly without physical cause.
 Legend has it that if a soldier happens to visit the museum and picks up a telephone, a womans voice is sometimes heard talking on the other end of the line. Although her voice can be clearly heard, what she is saying is unintelligible, in neither the German language nor English.
 The town was the site of a witch burned at the stake in the 18th century. It is beleived that her ghost seduced and killed 5 soldiers in the early 1900's and maybe more since then.

- Reichenstein Castle (Aachen, Germany)
 This 11th-century castle along the Rhine is shielded on all sides by mountains.
 According to local legend, Dietrich von Hohenfels and his nine sons were robber barons who used the castle as a stronghold. His sons were caught by the authorities and killed. Hohenfels was captured the very next day. When he was shown his dead sons' bodies, his head either fell off on its own or was cut off by someone or something. To this day witnesses have reported seeing a headless ghost inside of Reichenstein Castle.



- San Fernando de Omoa Fort  (Omoa, Honduras)
 The very big San Fernando de Omoa Fort was built during the colonial times, in 1777. Facing the Caribbean sea, its main purpose was to protect the coast from any naval invaders.
 For the last century, locals have claimed that they have heard firing cannons coming from the fort late at night. Locals have also reported hearing screaming voices of men giving orders and yells of pain too. A few times search parties have even been sent out to check the noises and strange sounds coming from San Fernando de Omoa fort, unfortunately it was always empty and nothing or no one was ever found causing the unknown noises.


- Ballygally Castle (Ballygally Bay, Ireland)
 Ballygally Castle in Northern Ireland is definately one of Irelands most haunted locations. Today the building is a three star hotel and their infamous "Ghost Room" is always open and available to guest who are brave enough to visit it, unfortunately no one  is allowed to spend the night in it except for maybe the ghost.
 Ballygally Castle was built in 1625 by James Shaw. The most notable ghost in Ballygally is that of his wife Lady Isobel Shaw, who was locked in a room by her husband and starved to death. Said to be friendly, she amuses herself by knocking on doors and then disappearing. She has been seen in the old part of the castle and also many times in the "Ghost Room". Another apparition is believed to be that of Madame Nixon who can sometimes be seen and heard walking around in her silk dress. When Ballygally was actually a castle it came under attack several times and many soldiers lost their lives here. Consequently their restless souls frequent the castle grounds, still dressed in their military uniforms, sometimes toying with guests, and perhaps still searching for their enemies.
 Although currently no ghost tours are given here at Ballygally Castle, but rooms are available for an over night stay, for those who want to visit this very haunted castle.

- Leap Castle (Co. Offaly, Ireland)
 Unfortunately not open to the public, Leap Castle is one of Europes most haunted castles. Up to 20 spirits are known to roam this most haunted 14th century Irish castle. Also a rather malevolent Irish elemental is resident in the hidden dungeon, and is known to attack most viciously if provoked. This elemental is also seen throughout the castle and the outside of the building too. The dungeon, which was discovered around 1900 by workmen, was filled with skeletons piled on top of one another. Prisoners were thought to have been pushed into it through a drop floor onto a spike below. The castle is also home to the ‘Bloody Chapel’, where a warrior is reported to have killed his brother over the alter. Both brothers ghostly spirits have been seen and a ghostly priest has also been seen here running past the chapel door.

- St. Michan's Church (Dublin, Ireland)
 Named after a Danish Bishop, for over five hundred years St. Michan’s was the only parish church in Dublin north of the River Liffey. Founded around 1095 by a Danish colony, the current building dates from about 1685 and is definitely one of Dublin's most haunted locations.
 The organ in St. Michan's is one of the oldest in Ireland still in use, and it’s believed that George F. Handel played it when composing The Messiah.
 The vaults under this church contain thirty mummified bodies. Reached by a dark stone stairway, long narrow galleries containing coffins stretch before the visitor. Some are private and locked, others are open to view. Some of the coffins are seen scattered in a haphazard fashion, bursting at the seams with an arm or leg sticking up. The most notorious open gallery contains the gruesome remains of two women and two men, coffin lids flung off and the mummified bodies covered with dust and dirt. Three of the coffins lie in a row: a woman, a man with a hand and both feet cut off – two schools of thought for this mutilation, some say because he was a thief, others say it was done so the body would fit into the coffin, and a nun. The coffin along the rear wall is known as that of the Crusader. Once again, in order to fit into the coffin, his body has been cut in half. Also, one of his hands is lifted in the air.
 Voices whispering and sounds of things being dragged across the floor have been heard. This is not a place anyone alive would want to go visit on their own.



- Catacombs of the Capuchins (Sicily, Italy)
 The catacombs contain thousands of mummified bodies. Even creepier, the bodies are dressed in their typical clothes and arranged in poses. In 1920 the last person was mummified and put on display here in the catacombs of the Capuchins.

- Lucedio Abbey (Vercelli, Italy)
  The Abbey of Lucedio was built in 1123 in Northern Italy. It was once the home to good god fearing religious monks. Apparently in 1684 many young girls who lived in the area met the devil. After the devil seduced them he sent them to visit the monks at the Lucedio Abbey. The girls managed to corrupt the abbey and convert the monks to Satanism. Things went downhill after that. The monks held rituals to call on satan, and during these rituals the monks sacrificed people by bashing their heads in until their heads were flat. The dead were then pushed to the side and another victim was dragged in and killed the exact same way. The Roman army was sent in by the Catholic church and all of the monks were captured and then executed in and around the Abbey of Lucedio. Since then many strange paranormal things have taken place here.
  Many people have witnessed paranormal activity taking place here at the Lucedio. In 1950, a construction company was brought in to fix the place up and do some work to rehab to place from crumbling away. As soon as work began, the men started to see their tools moving on their own. A few days later, one of the marble statues fell over and almost crushed one of the men working near it. The man was greatful for being spared and said that a miracle saved his life. Even though the man went home after the incident and never came back to the Lucedio, he unexpectantly was found dead at his home two days later. Word of this got back to his fellow co-workers and the rest of the men quit and the rehad work at the Abbey of Lucedio was halted and never started again.
  Recently the TV shows "Scariest Places On Earth" and "Ghost Hunters International" visited the site. Strange activity was captured taking place at the Lucedio by both shows. The two families that visited here during the tapeing of the "Scariest Places On Earth" show were both convinced that they witnessed paranormal activity and neither family would ever return to this evil place. The TAPS crew from "Ghost Hunters International" also had their share of activity and they managed to catch some pretty good evidence on tape.
 In Italy, throughout Europe, In the world, the Lucedio is definately a scary place and it is one of the most haunted places on earth. 
- Poveglia Island (Venetian Lagoon between Venice and Lido)
 Poveglia Island near Venice is so scary that no tourists are allowed to step foot on it.
 When the plague hit Italy in 1576, thousands of dead bodies and some still living victims were dumped on the island to be buried or left to rot and die. During Roman times it was used to isolate thousands of plague victims and during the three occasions when the black death spread through Europe, the island was effectively used as a plague pit — it was considered an efficient way of keeping the infected people separated from the healthy. It is believed that over 160,000 people died on the island throughout its history.
 Centuries later, in 1922 a psychiatric hospital was built on the island by a doctor who tortured and possibly killed some of his patients there. It is rumoured that many of the patients claimed to see the tormented spirits of the plague victims soon after their arrival to the hospital on Poveglia Island. The doctor there investigated this phenomenon by conducting crude lobotomies and medical experiments on his patients. He supposedly began seeing the ghosts himself soon after, and he commited suicide by jumping to his death from the roof of the hospital steeple. After this, the hospital was abandoned and remains so to this day.
 Today the island is only used for farming vineyards. The hospital, the doctors office, a church building, and the crematorium building still stand on Poveglia Island, but unfortunately no tourists are permitted here at anytime.



- The Rose Hall Great House (Montego Bay, Jamaica)
 The Rose Hall Great House is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Jamaica because of the legend that surrounds the house and its former owner, Annie Palmer. Considered by many to be a witch, Mrs. Palmer was a very cruel and evil woman. During the 1700's she brutally tortured her slaves and killed many of them, usually for no reason. She is also said to have murdered three of her former husbands as well.
 In the end, Annie Palmer was killed by her slaves and buried in a tomb that stands on the property of the Rose Hall Great house.
 The spirit of Annie Palmer, the White Witch of Jamaica, still haunts Rose Hall today, along with a host of other spirits, presumably those of her victims.



-  Teotihuacan - Pilar Hacienda  (San Juan, Mexico)
 When the Spaniards went to Mexico in the 16th century, they built many huge ranches. Pilar ranch was one of them. There was a Spanish Hidalgo called Miguel Ariztia that lived there until his accidental death. He died after he slipped and fell off of the balcony.
 The hacienda is very big and more than two hundred years old. On the top floor of the main building, the wooden floor is rotten and it is possible that it would break if someone would walk on it.
 Today the hacienda is owned by a Mexican farmer. The top floor is uninhabited, but people have seen atleast two spirit up there on the old balcony. One of the spirits is believed to be Mr. Ariztia and the other might be his wife.



- St. James' Theatre (Wellington, New Zealand)
 The St. James' Theatre is a stage theatre located in the center of New Zealand’s capital, Wellington. The present building was built in 1912. There have been numerous reports of several ghosts in the theatre.
 One of the more regular sightings is the ghost of Yuri, a Russian performer who supposedly fell to his death from just above the stage. Another story tells that he was pushed by a fellow Russian female performer. Yuri has been encountered playing with the lights, in particular switching them all back on again once the theatre has been locked up for the night. There is also the 'Wailing Woman', a frequent apparition who is said to wail and moan throughout the theatre. She is supposed to have been poorly received on stage, later killing herself in the dressing room. A boy's choir is also said to haunt the St. James theatre. The choir played their last song at the St. James during the Second World War before beginning a tour. The ship they sailed on disappeared and was never seen or heard from again. Even today, patrons and workers alike often hear the choirs music somewhere in the back seating area.
 The St. James theatre might just be one of the most haunted theatres in the world.



- Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp (Oswiecim, Poland)

  Auschwitz death camp and her sister camp Birkenau were in operation from May 1940 until its liberation by Soviet forces in January of 1945. Although the number of individuals killed here might never really be known.  It is estimated that 2 to almost 3 million people were killed here in the gas chambers during that time. Most of the victims killed at the concentration camps were Jews. But Poles, Gypsies, and Soviet P.O.W.'s, were also murdered here by the Nazi's.  Anyone who has ever visited these camps is struck by the overwhelming sense of melancholy and foreboding.
 Visitors have been known to break down in tears for no apparent reason and many have to abandon their tour groups without ever completing the tour. Visitors are struck not only by the horrific memory of this place, but also by the effect it has on the present day.
 Birds still refuse to sing in the trees surrounding the death camps and there is little evidence of a thriving natural environment anywhere nearby. The silence is deafening even after all these years.
 People have reported cold spots and areas of intense emotional concentrations of energy. Some recent reports have come in that while touring the camp some individuals have been touched or tugged or even grabbed at by unseen hands. Photographic evidence gathered here at the Auschwitz-Birkenau death camps over the years has revealed the presence of spirit manifestations in the forms of misty apparitions, shadows, light anomalies, and even orbs appearing in the photographs. Given its history and the imprint of horror it leaves on the modern mind, Auschwitz-Birkenau possibly is one of the most haunted places on earth.




- Baldoon Castle Ruins (Bladnoch, Scotland)
 The ruins of Baldoon Castle are located just outside Bladnoch, Scotland near Wigtown. Traveling down the only street in the one horse town of Bladnoch, visitors cross a river bridge, they then take the first road to the left and travel a short distance to the gateway of Baldoon Castle.
 The ivy-covered ruins of Baldoon Castle lay just beyond the old gate. This historic castle was owned by the Dunbars of Westfield from 1530 to 1800. Although the ruins are now deserted, you can still feel a heaviness of heart as you walk onto the castle grounds.
 The ghost of Janet Dalrymple Dunbar is reported to haunt the castle. In the mid 1600's, Janet, the oldest daughter of Sir James Dalrymple was betrothed to David Dunbar, heir of Sir David Dunbar of Baldoon. As was the custom, the marriage was arranged by her parents, but Janet's heart wasn't in it. She loved another man named Archibald the third Lord Rutherford. Unfortunately for Archibald his family was poor and virtually penniless. Janet's parents had no use for poor Archibald and they forbid the relationship, insisting that she marry David Dunbar. Out of duty to the tradition, Janet married David in the church of Old Luce, two miles from her home at Carsecleugh Castle. It was a hot summer day, but her brothers both recollected that Janet's hands were "cold as ice," as she walked down the aisle. "I don't want to be with him," Janet said to them right before she married David Dunbar. That night, screams were heard coming from the new married couples locked bedroom. Guards came running and they kicked the door open to find David Dunbar stabbed, laying in a puddle of blood on the bedroom floor. His new wife,  Janet Dalrymple Dunbar, was found sitting in a corner of the room, muttering something that couldn't be understood. Covered in her husbands blood, she went insane from that point and never would recover. David survived the stab wounds and he also wouldn't say what happened in the locked bedroom that night. Janet died a few weeks after that incident. She died on September 12th, 1669.
 This legend lives on in more than tradition for the tale so captured the imagination of author Sir Walter Scott. He wrote a book called "The Bride of Lammermuir" about the tragic story of Janet Dalrymple Dunbar. Whatever happened that fateful night in the 17th century has left its impression on Baldoon Castle. On several occasions, visitors have claimed they have seen the ghost of Janet Dalrymple Dunbar roaming the castle ruins, especially on the anniversary of her death. She is seen still wearing her blood-stained night clothes, she wanders sadly, head hung low as if she is filled with deep regret. Is it the burden of guilt or the memories of un-requited love that still haunt Baldoon Castle, perhaps only Janet's ghost knows for sure.
- Edinburgh Castle (Edinburgh, Scotland)
  The castle is a historic fortress and parts of it have withstood  a 900 year history. Haunted by fallen soldiers who may have died while defending the castle. Other hauntings include a phantom piper, a headless drummer, the spirits of French prisoners from the Seven Years War, colonial prisoners from the American Revolutionary War, and even a dog that wanders the castle's cemetery grounds.

- Edinburgh Underground Vaults (Edinburgh, Scotland)
 Far below the busy streets of modern Edinburgh lies a dark, forgotten corner of history. Discovered in the mid-1980’s, the Edinburgh Vaults had been abandoned for nearly two hundred years. Lying beneath the South Bridge, a major Edinburgh passage, the rooms were used as cellars, workshops and even as residences by the businesses that plied their trade on the busy bridge above. Abandoned soon after they were built due to excessive water and moisture, the vaults remain, unaltered, never illuminated by the light of day.
 When the vaults became mostly abandoned because of the unwholesome atmosphere they were still used sporadically by the poor and homeless of Edinburgh society. As with any great concentration of unhealthy people, there were outbreaks of plague and other devastating illnesses. Unfortunately many of the people who took refuge in the vaults ultimately died there too. There is evidence that at least some of these people may have met untimely ends because it was here in the Edinburgh Vaults that the nefarious pair, Burke and Hare, plied their trade of providing cadavers to the nearby teaching hospitals of Infirmary Street. Paranormal investigations have been conducted in the vaults practically since their discovery and to date the location has not failed to provide a wealth of disturbing and unexplainable paranormal activity.

- Greyfriar’s Kirk Cemetery & Covenanter’s Prison (Edinburgh)
 Greyfriar’s Cemetery has been considered haunted for generations. Its history is filled with the horrific, from deliberate headstone removal and desecration, bodysnatching and live burial, to witch burnings and use as a mass prison.
 Around 1998, however, a new and inexplicable phenomenon began occurring in the graveyard where visitors claimed to have encountered cold spots, nauseating smells, loud noises coming from empty tombs, and even physical injury by unseen forces. Many visitors and tour guides have been the victim of attack by unseen entities who leave bruises, cuts, and scratches on the unwary. People were routinely knocked unconscious and overcome by debilitating nausea and vomiting.
 Homes near the graveyard became plagued by poltergeist activities such as smashed china and glassware, moving objects, shadowy figures, and menacing, guttural laughter.

- Fyvie Castle (Turriff Aberdeenshire, Scotland)
 Located in the lowlands of Aberdeenshire, in the midst of spacious, open countryside. Castle Fyvie occupies a commanding position on the left bank of the river Ythan. The oldest parts of the castle date back to the 13th Century.  This Scottish Baronial fortress has five towers, each named after the 5 different families who built them.
 The hauntings in Fyvie began in the early 1900's, when a wall was removed and a secret room was uncovered containing the skeleton of a young woman. Reported hauntings in Fyvie castle include poltergeist activity, a grey lady ghost, and a phantom trumpeter seen dressed in a kilt.

- Ragged School of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland)
 The Ragged School of Edinburgh was established in 1847 by Dr. Thomas Guthrie, a preacher and reformer. Ragged schools was the name given to 19th century charity schools which provided free education, food, clothing, and sometimes housing for poor destitute children.
 Random cold spots have been felt throughout the building. Black shadow looking people have been seen moving around in basement area. The sound of giggling children have been heard on the third floor and the sound of walking foot steps have been heard near the back stairs.
 In 2007, two different paranormal groups visited the Ragged school building in Edinburgh. Both the TAPS team and Ghost Finders Scotland team experienced some weird things and also captured some paranormal evidence here. Both said that the building was indeed haunted.



- Cape Town Castle of Good Hope (Cape Town, South Africa)
 Built between 1666 - 1679, the Castle is the oldest structure in South Africa, which today serves as headquarters for the Western Province Army Command. This pentagonal fortification replaced a much smaller clay and timber fort built in 1652 by Commander Jan Van Riebeeck, founder of the maritime replenishment station at the Cape of Good Hope. Today the castle houses the William Fehr Collection of Africana, which provides a glimpse of life at the Cape during the 17th and 18th centuries and the Castle History Museum as well.
 In 1682 the gateway replaced the old entrance, which faced the sea. A bell tower, built in 1684, is situated above the main entrance. The original bell is the oldest in South Africa. It was cast in Amsterdam by a man named Claude Frémy and it weighs 670 lbs. It was used to tell the hours of the day and also to warn citizens of danger. When rung it could be heard about 10 km away. It was also rung to call residents and soldiers to the Castle for important announcements.
 The Castle of Good Hope is believed to be haunted by a number of spirits. In the year 1915, an unidentified figure, about 2 meters tall, was seen on the castle's battlements. In 1947 it was seen again, this time it was observed leaping over the battlements. This semi-luminous ghost figure has been seen again and again by visitors and castle staff alike.
  The spectre of Governor Pieter Gysbert Van Noodt has been seen and heard in various areas of the castle. His spirit is often heard cursing or yelling. Captain Rudolf Allemann gave a first hand account of Van Noodt's death in 1729. After condeming seven soldiers to death for desertion unjustly and illegally, one of those soldiers stood on the gallows before his execution and called Van Noodt to divine justice. A few hours after the hangings the Governor was found laying in his chair dead. Governor Pieter Gysbert Van Noodt is also rumored to haunt the Rust-en-Vreugd house on Buitenkant street.
 The castles most romantic ghost is that of Lady Anne Barnard. In the late eighteenth century she resided in the castle as the colony's first lady. Her curly-haired transparent ghost has been seen in a few different areas of the castle but mostly in the ball-room and in the dolphin pool room. The pool room has been reconstructed from Lady Anne's own drawings and descriptions.
 One of the scariest areas in the castles has to be the windowless dungeon that also served as a torture chamber and execution area as well. Lady Anne Barnard recorded that during winter floods, the water rose up three feet within a minute, drowning some of the convicts who were chained to the dungeon walls. Restoration work has uncovered rooms that had been bricked up and it is believed that more hidden rooms still haven't been discovered.
 A large black hound also haunts the castle, leaping at visitors but then vanishing at the last instant. Lights switches have also been switched on and off without human assistance. Near the guard room, the voices of a man and a woman have been heard arguing with each other. Although the voices can be heard clearly, the two arguing entities still have never been seen.
 The castle is open daily from  9:am to 4:pm, Monday thru Saturday. It is open on Sundays only during the month of December. Daily tours are conducted three times a day at 11:am, 12:pm, and 2:pm. A changing of the guard is also held here during the week, Monday thru Friday at noon.



- Hill 180 at Osan Air Force Base  (, South Korea)
 The site of the first battle between American and the North Korean Communist forces during the opening months of the Korean War.  A depleted American unit closed with and destroyed a North Korean Communist unit, which was entrenched on the hill.  Both sides ran out of Ammunition, and gave the area its present name, Bayonet Hill.
 It is said that anyone walking alone in the area will hear whispers and voices coming from unseen beings.  Others have reported being touched while walking on the hill, and some people have even felt warm air blowing on their heads and on the back of their necks.  Although the spirits seem harmless, they do enjoy messing with the living from time to time.

- Older Dorms at the University of Seoul (Seoul, South Korea)
 Reports that the older dorms at the University of Seoul are haunted have been made for many years now. Students who lived in the dorms have reported seeing poltergeist activity taking place causing some of them to move out.



- Tao Dan Public Park (Saigon, Vietnam)
 Sometime in the 1990's a young couple was attacked while walking through the park after dark. The young man was shot and killed by their attackers and his female lover was raped and beaten badly. Since then, the ghost of a young man has been seen floating through the park at night. Some people believe that it is the spirit of the young man who was murdered here, looking for his female lover, still desperately trying to find and help her.



- Aberglasney House (Carmarthenshire, South Wales)

  Built by Anthony Rudd, Bishop of St David’s, in the 17th century, the Aberglasney House and gardens is located between the towns of Llandeilo and Carmarthen. The old mansion is partially hidden among the trees and many locals believe the place to be very haunted.
  Most of the reports of hauntings taking place in the mansion have occured in or around the blue room on the second floor. During the 1600's, five maidservants were found dead in that room, supposedly dying from asphyxiation, attributed to the fumes emitting from the lime plaster mortar that had been used during a major reconstruction of the mansion at the time. A short time later a housekeeper reported seeing five disembodied candles, floating in the corridor that leads to the blue room. In the 1930's a handy man working to clear the ivy off the window of the blue room reported seeing the spirits of five women dressed in victorian age dresses.
  Recently the cast of the show "Most Haunted" visited the old mansion. Although no solid evidence of the hauntings in the building was captured that night, the cast admitted that the place definately had an erie feeling to it. The Aberglasney House and gardens are open to the public monday thru saturday year-round and if your a ghost hunter or garden buff it is an awesome place to check out.   




Make a Free Website with Yola.